WawonaNews.com - December 2016
Roundabout Construction at South Entrance
Beginning the second week of November, Federal Highways will place K rails along the roadside and blocking the current exit lane going out. The temporary exit lane will be driving to the old three way intersection. The diversion is so Federal Highways can begin working on the new large traffic circle that will control the intersection of Hwy. 41 and the Mariposa Grove Road. This construction and traffic diversion will continue throughout the winter and early spring until the traffic circle is completed. This roundabout project also includes resurfacing Hwy. 41 from the Park boundary to just North of the South Entrance where the Hwy. 41 resurfacing project started in 2010.
New Listing: 7989 Koon Hollar
7989 Koon Hollar, 1 bed, 1 bath, 850 sqft, $450,000. Click here for more information.
The Effects of the Drought and the Bark Beetle
Big Trees Lodge Thanksgiving Menu
YOSEMITE-WAWONA ELEMENTARY CHARTER SCHOOL
Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 6:00 PM
Wawona Elementary School
7925 Chilnualna Falls Road
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of agenda
- Approval of minutes of the regular meeting, September 13, 2016
- Financial reports
- Monthly approval of warrants (Action needed)
- Financial Report
- Payroll Report (signatures required)
- Back Payroll report from July 2016
- Back Payroll report from August 2016
- Back Payroll report from September 2016
- Current Payroll report from October 2016
- HEARING OF PERSONS WISHING TO ADDRESS THE BOARD
- Epi Pen protocol policy adoption- Health and Insurance requirement
- TB requirements for new students- Are we going to require or wave this test? New students vs. current students-grandfathered in?
- Car seats- need to purchase boosters for students requiring safety seats.
- 2016-2017 Enrollment Cap- as per our discussion last meeting- we are capping enrollment this school year to 21 students UNLESS a student moves into Wawona???? Discussion and vote needed at this meeting.
- Technology budget- need to set an amount without relying on Aramark funds-Esmé’s iPad donation and associated expenses to support technology
- Independent Contracts-what is the difference between IC vs. employee
11.2.Scott McGhee- Middle School Math Tutor
11.3.Annie Starkey- Spanish Teacher, Classroom Aide
- Buildings and Grounds Position- discuss job contract and hire for position
- Transportation for next year- Need to create a transportation committee to research BUS vs. purchasing van we already have- extra costs for vehicle, funding, maintenance, and driver POSITION
- Teacher Effectiveness Plan- present and discuss- adopt following meeting
- R.E.A.P. Grant money- received $20K of restricted Federal funds- need to discuss how to spend this money and vote on priorities- Possibly to apply towards salaries. Staff has some recommendations from the auditors.
- Budget Report update for 2016-17
- BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
- STAFF REPORTS
18.2.YoSTEMite Day- Wednesday, September 28, 2016
18.3.San Diego Fieldtrip- October 3- 7, 2016
18.4.Audit Report Update from October 24-25, 2016
- NEXT MEETING DATE
- CLOSED SESSION Personnel/Negotiations/Litigation
20.1.Employee Negotiations (Gov. Code 54957.6)
20.2.Personnel (Gov. Code 54957)
- RECOVENE IN OPEN SESSION: ANNOUNCE CLOSED SESSION ACTIONS
One-Way Traffic Control Continues On Highway 41
150-day $5-million dollar tree removal project
Crews started the project in October on the north end of SR-41 in Mariposa County, at the higher elevations, and will head south as the weather pushes them and the project progresses.
The tree removal project is expected to continue into February, 2017, and Caltrans will provide regular updates as the project continues. In the meantime, travelers are asked to pay attention to Caltrans flags on the road and slow for the cone zone.